Diana Gabaldon writes a how to book: How I write sex scenes!
For the full post go directly to Outlandish Observations blog.
Article by Karen Henry, which we are promoting for her great blog.
Diana Gabaldon is more than just an amazingly gifted novelist and a born storyteller. She was a university professor for many years, and she's never lost that desire to teach, to pass on what she knows in order to help other writers and aspiring writers.
Diana's latest e-book, due out on August 16, 2016, is a NON-FICTION guide to writing sex scenes, including tips for writers, "dos and don'ts", and lots of examples from the OUTLANDER books!
This e-book is 118 pages long, and it's selling for $2.99.
Here are the pre-order links:
Diana posted an excerpt from this e-book a few months ago on Facebook. Here's her "annotated" version of the infamous windowsill scene in THE FIERY CROSS, from chapter 107, "Zugunruhe".
1) This book is only available in e-book form, not as a printed book. Keep in mind that it's only 118 pages long. If you don't have a Kindle, Nook, tablet, or smartphone, you can download an e-book viewer for your desktop computer.
When someone asked on Compuserve if a print version would be published eventually, Diana said, "Yes, probably, but I don't know when."
2) I have no information about the availability of this e-book outside the US. It's being published by Penguin Random House, which is Diana Gabaldon's US publisher. Given the complexity of international publishing rights, those of you in other countries might not be able to purchase it.
3) Yes, of course Diana is still working on Book 9 of the OUTLANDER series! The fact that this e-book on how to write sex scenes is being published now is not slowing down or interfering with her progress on Book 9. For one thing, much of the work on this e-book was completed several years ago, and for another, Diana often says that she likes to work on multiple projects at once, because it keeps her from getting writer's block.
We have been waiting for this one for a long time, and I'm glad it's going to be available soon!
- THE SPOILS OF MARRIAGE
- DROUGHTLANDER SURVIVAL TOOLS
- BOOK SCENTS CANDLES GIVEAWAY! Retweet & subscribe to our blog.
- DG'S DAILY LINES
- Nancy M Guillory blog page, WHISKYISMS
- MyPeakChallenge 2017
- CHARITIES & OTHER GOOD WORKS
- CAST PROJECTS
- SUSIE BROWN, Recaps and Reviews Season Two! 13 Episodes...
- "An Evening with Graham McTavish " Thank you to all who participated! It was a success. ..
- Outlander Droughtlander part two! Related art, casting and articles about Voyager! Interviews by our writers and editors Susie Brown our Aussie blogging lass, and Nancy M Guillory of Whiskyisms!
- FUTURE APPEARANCES
- OUTLANDER CAST PHOTO SHOOTS AND RED CARPET APPEARANCES
- Outlander In The City Dinner Event June 3rd 2017