OutlanderHomepage Originals Recap and Twitter Chat.
Calling this week's Outlander episode "titillating" might be considered a bad pun, but I'm going there anyway. " "Not in Scotland Anymore" revealed many long anticipated events, characters, costumes, and scenes going above and beyond the masterful artistry we are accustomed to, providing an abundance of fodder for this week's "All Things Outlander" open online chat.
Last night's topic, (in case you missed it) was discussing the four C's of the show: Costumes, Casting, Creepy, and Crappy. Naturally, the costuming was again exquisite, as Terry Dresbach seems to out do herself with costumes that become more and more exquisite with each new scene.
In reference to the scene where Jamie and Murtagh see the dress for the first time,
Amaryles Simmons @SimmonsAmaryles tweeted: "I think both he and Jamie went blind when they saw Claire."
Erin Quy @ErinQuy so perfectly tweeted about the red dress,:"You know they did!!! Spectacular dress, Beautiful woman in it!! I want that dress as decor in my house!!"
Of course, while Claire's ensemble posed the threat of over exposure, the now famed "nipple dress" took the term decolletage to an entirely different level, complete with jewel encrusted swan nipple piercings (Terry is a frigging genius!!!)
ChannelingClaire @t_corona tweeted, "The show is so well done. The costumes! Smh at the details n beauty of them."
Erin Quy @ErinQuy summed it up nicely, earning an ATO TOP TWEET with: "My husband said "Wait, what?? Oh Wow!" Brava to Terry, her team and the actress who pulled it off! It was greatness!"
Arguably, and often times aggravatingly so, book fans can be much like poor King Louis's bowels, excessively constipated over novel to screen adaptations.
Episode 202 caught many of us by surprise by introducing Alex Randal at the end of the hour, hence bringing up the topic of casting.
Jamie @MsTaterCakes offers a very valid point of view with her tweet: " I think that would have been overkill. Love Tobias, but they were brothers, not twins."
Others were more concerned with the way the scene was written.
Mamacita @stelle7112 tweeted: "Was a bit disappointed that Claire and Jamie don't find out about BJR as they do in the book. Everything else is OK."
Another aspect of the impeccable casting of out favorite show is who Outlander fans love to hate, and who we absolutely adore, besides Jamie and Claire, that's just a given.
With so many villains to choose from, it's hard to determine who Outlander fans hate more, but there seems to be a three way tie between, Black Jack Randal, Laoghaire, and the Duke of Sandringham. Over all I'd say BJR would win out, but in this particular episode,
Amaryles Simmons @SimmonsAmaryles told us how she really feels about the D of S with this tweet: "Awful! Yes! That "toe-jam" Sandringham knows just how to get on my last nerve!"
TOP TWEET on the subject of Sandringham goes to:
TKayeKerr @nannyTT "I would like to smash Sandringham in the face. #GetHimMurtagh"
Get in line, honey, because I think we'd all like to open a can of "whooped ass" on Duke Dickhead!
Susan Williams @51_sdwms tweeted: "I was a bit surprised at how he was portrayed! Was glad to see it tho, I hate when historical peeps are romanticized."
The only romance Charles Stewart is gonna find is the kind he pays for in that fancy brothel where he met Jamie and Murtagh! Yet, speaking of the art of lovemaking...
ATO TOP TWEETS go to,
TKayeKerr @nannyTT "I have to say I LOVED Master Raymond and that set!! Loved so much! #getmealadder."
Erin Quy @ErinQuy "I could spend days in his Apothecary!!!...Brava to Gary and his tean for that!!"
Overall, it was a wildly popular episode, proving that Ron isn't wasting any time, yet isn't leaving out the highlights we expect to see. Naturally, we all adore the Frasers, yet it is refreshing, and fun to see Duncan Lacroix's beloved Murtagh get some time in the scene stealing limelight.
So, episode 202 goes down in the All Things Outlander record books, with Murtagh taking top prize for best performance!
ATO TOP TWEETS go to,
Kathy Brown @kjkbrown2003 "First, I will say this episode belonged to Murtaugh (despite dresses, boobs and honeypots) He owned it!!"
Delina Thriemer @LinaDee03 for summarizing just about everyone's sentiments regarding the entire episode with her tweet: "Fav parts were the red dress reveal, Murtagh the entire epi, & the honey pot line/scene had me lmao. Loved Raymond's set 2."
Adding something new to the ATO recap, I couldn't leave out this conversation about an Outlander theme park....
Join me, @NancyMGuillory each Sunday from 7-8pm CST on @OutlanderHome for open discussions about ALL THINGS OUTLANDER! Until then, Slainte mhath!
- THE SPOILS OF MARRIAGE
- DROUGHTLANDER SURVIVAL TOOLS SEASON 1, 2 & 3!
- Nancy M Guillory blog page, WHISKYISMS
- MyPeakChallenge 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019...
- CHARITIES & OTHER GOOD WORKS
- CAST PROJECTS
- Outlander In The City Dinner Event June 3rd 2017
- A NYC Voyage with Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan
- Voyager season Three, episode recaps by Susie Brown with the Inside Look by Production team
- OUTLANDER season 4 & 5 cast PHOTO SHOOTS and Red Carpet appearances
- Outlander Droughtlander! Related art, casting news, articles about season 3 Voyager, and season 4 Drums of Autumn! Plus, Interviews by our writers, Susie Brown (our Aussie blogging lass) and Nancy M Guillory (Whiskyisms) format by Dorianne Panich
- Drums of Autumn season four episode recaps, with our Aussie Blogging Lass Susie Brown
- Outlander Homepage Originals... Cast interviews
- RAFFLE ReTweet, sign up to be entered!!
- Nancy M Fontenot taking each book at a time, thoughts on the book series that changed our lives...
- FUTURE APPEARANCES
- Outlander in the city, Dinner with Diana Gabaldon in Scottsdale
- "An Evening with Graham McTavish " Thank you to all who participated! It was a success. ..
- SUSIE BROWN, Recaps and Reviews Season Two! 13 Episodes...
- Droughtlander for Season 5, Fiery Cross..... Here's the interesting bits, while we wait!
- OUTLANDER seasons 1, 2, and into 3 Cast PHOTO SHOO...
- DG'S DAILY LINES